MGM Grand Tower

We made it home in one piece, although my bag did get misplaced, but has since been found. I just got a call from Southwest airlines and they have located my bag, and will make arrangements for it to be delivered. Apparently, a dad was in a hurry last night at 1pm and grabbed the wrong bag. Lizzie thought that is what happened. I was just worried my favorite pants and shaver would be lost.

Inspite of being down graded from the West Wing to the MGM Grand Tower due to prejudicial treatment of nonsmokers at the MGM Grand, we would still recommend the MGM Grand while staying in Las Vegas. We discovered there was a difference in the prices, and brought it to the attention of the front desk. They were not willing to credit our account the difference, but they did give us a $75 comp at the hotel restaurants. We are still a little disgruntled, because we really were looking forward to staying in the West Wing, but the complimentary restaurant cuisine was a nice comprimise. We also found the MGM Casino to be very pleasant while throwing our money away in their slots. We did that in other casinos to include the Sarhara, New York New York, Alladin, Paris, and the Monte Carlo. The MGM casino however, is quite large, with quite a large selection of games to play to include both table games and machines. Lizzie loved the slot machines that allowed her to gamble for a car. I was partial to the Black Jack machines. I also played several tables, but my luck was not with me this time. I guess that is why they call it gambling.

Written by Pixelhead on October 26th, 2006 with comments disabled.
Read more articles on Casinos and Gambling and Las Vegas and Travel

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Dawn
#1. June 23rd, 2008, at 1:58 PM.

I stayed at the MGM Grand in 1999 when I married my husband. They us a non-smoking room. I told my husband that I was just going to smoke anyway because I had told them when I made the reservation that we were both smokers.

Well my husband insisted on calling the desk and having us moved to a smoking room. He said we were payign good money and why should we “sneak” to smoke when we had asked for a smoking room.

I am so glad he did call. They upgraded us at no additional charge to a BEAUTIFUL suite that had a bedroom, living room (complete with wet bar) and a bathroom that you could probably hear yourself echo in. The bathroom was all done in marble and although I normally don’t ooh and ahh over bathrooms, this was really super nice.

I am sure they don’t do that anymore as this was back in 1999 but I have thought pretty highly of the MGM because of that trip.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Jerrod Crocsy
#2. October 29th, 2008, at 6:20 AM.

I’m officially jealous. I’ve stayed at the Luxor and the Excalibur while staying in Vegas but have always wanted to stay at MGM. Unfortunately, the misses didn’t like the idea.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Las Vegas luxury Hotels Blogger
#3. January 1st, 2009, at 9:33 PM.

This post is very informative to me. I actually run a blog that does reviews on luxury las vegas hotels. Wow i did not know that if your a non smoker you got somewhat bad treatment. This is somthing i will be including in my future post about the MGM GRAND. Thanks and keep up the good blogging.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com sherone
#4. July 13th, 2009, at 11:03 AM.

We have been visiting Vegas 2 or 3 times a year for 20+ years and this was our first stay at the MGM. We received an internet offer of 3 comped weekend nights and some free play, so we decided to take up their offer. Check-in was smooth and quick and our room was just off the main lobby and close to the elevator. Room was dated but clean and everything was working. The only service problems we encountered was at the Studio Cafe which I suggest you avoid. No problems at any of the other restaurants and bars we visited. We did not like the heavy fragrance in the Casino but it didn’t stop us from enjoying our visit.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com How To Jump Higher
#5. September 23rd, 2009, at 3:18 AM.

Did you know you can get free food and eat for free at the MGM? There’s a gaming room tucked in a corner of the gaming floor where anyone can go in and eat all you can eat for free. I won’t say anymore because than this technique might just get saturated.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Charles|Las Vegas Homes
#6. November 25th, 2009, at 8:10 AM.

I’m surprised that the MGM didn’t do more for you. Of course, back then tourism was a lot better. If that happened now, I think things would have been handled a lot differently. I hope it hasn’t put off your desire to come back to Las Vegas.

#7. November 25th, 2009, at 3:28 PM.

I am sure we will be going back some day. It seems like there is always a good conference there at one time or another.