Does it make sense to have a Social Networking Page
Posted by Pixelhead
After reading Jonathan’s post about “Where Can I Find You?” I thought about it and it seems like a good idea to have a page instead of just a post that lists all the social networking sites that I belong to along with my id so that others can add me or network with me. I can also link to this page when I do a site review of the various networks.
I have also been thinking about making a social networking type directory for bloggers that allows them to add their pages to the directory. In the Mybloglog category of the directory, bloggers could get a link for their Mybloglog page, and say a bit about it the particular network…how they like it or what ever. The idea still needs a bit of thought.
Here is my list of Networks in the order that I use them the most.
- Twitter – I have been getting into this lately… must be because it is so easy. I have found some great contacts through this, one contact is less than 10 miles from me.
- Mybloglog.com Profile – Easy to use, love the stats page.
- My Flickr account- I host all my pics here, a great resource as well. Feel free to use any of my pics on your blog.
- SpicyPage.com has the ability to view and vote for groovy sites.
- My Del.icio.us network…feel free to add me anton_donkus.
- My Technorati profile..I am adonkus here.
- BlogCatalog again I am Emperor Anton here.
- Digg – I have been a member for about a year, but I recently started using this after watching a digg I found in Twitter go from 30 to well over 1500 in a matter of hours…more fun than watching an ebay auction.
- Myspace – yes I am not afraid to admit it, I have a myspace page, although it is a pretty ugly myspace page- do you think it is possible to have an ugly myspace page?lol
Below are the networks that I have joined or have joined but have not yet spent much time on(only so many hours in the day), but hope to in the future.
- Bloglines-joined this quite a while back, but have not used it much.
- Netscape -just joined while writing this post…Joining all of Jonathan’s networks.
- Reddit – same
- Stumbleupon-Just starting to stumble.
- Facebook-just started using this recently. Just added photos of our Gran Melia honeymoon and was impressed with how easy it was to upload and organize the photos.
- LinkedIn- actually got a job offer through this a while back. Not quite sure how though.
Well that is about it for now, but I will surely be adding more in the near future. I am not a proficient networker by any means, and am learning new techniques all the time.
I am also planning on making a “My Networks” page,were these links will be posted. If you have a post that lists your networks, please leave a comment with a link to it.
Got any networks I should join, let me know.
Update: I added a My Networks Page.