Blog Action Day-Reduce Your Environmental Footprint
Posted by Pixelhead
Blog Action Day has gotten here so quickly. It seems like the Blogging Against Abuse blogging event was just here. How time flies.
Checking out my Environment category, I see that I have six articles under the category, and of the five, only four could be considered to be true environmental posts.
- My last environmental post was Fear the Plastic Ocean, which is a post about the Plastic Ocean article. Check it out to find out how serious the problem of plastic really has become.
- The Carbon Emissions Reduction plan was a post that was done as a response to the newsletter from Co-Op America, a Non-profit environmental organization.
- The Rubber Mulch post was a review of the site ClosetheLoop.com, which is a green company that sells products that are made from recycled materials. The big seller for the company is the rubber mulch which is mulch that is made from recycled tires. I also get their newsletter, which is where I found out about the Plastic Ocean article.
- A site review of Itscarma.com, which is a site that seeks to educate commuters in order to reduce urban gridlock. Itscarma.com has some pretty cool information, and some groovy use of Flash technology to convey its mission.
So four environmental posts for the last year out of 158 posts is a little more than two percent of all of the posts here on Pixelheadonline.com. This will not do. I vow that I will do a least one environmental type post at least once a month. This could be in the form of site reviews, product reviews, or anything else.
So my environmental goals:
- Do one environmental post per month.
- Continue to seek out employment opportunities that allow me to telecommute, thereby reducing my carbon footprint.
- Become more aware of environmental issues by reading and becoming involved in more environment related blogs. Start this by exploring the Blog Action Day resources page.
- Conserve resources when ever possible, ride a bike instead of driving, turn off electricity, conserve water, practice the 3rs.
I know this is not much, but it is a beginning. If you did a post for blog action day, let me know about it, and I will check it out.
Update:List of posts for BlogActionday that I have come across or have left comments here.
- Came across Anja Merret’s post this morning on Digg. Duh I did not realize it was today while I was reading her BlogActionday post. Thanks Anja for being the first one I read today.
- I then read Alex’s Environmental Wellness Principle post, and had the sense to go onto the Blogactionday site, where I had a V8 Moment and said wow its here.
- FreelanceFolder.com did How Can We Helpf Save the Earth. Jon has a list at the end with a bunch of great BlogactionDay posts.
- I started a BlogActionDay group on Blogcatalog, so please stop in and let us know about your post.
- Aaron has a really positive post – Blog Action Day: 3 Simple Ways to get Healthy while Saving the Environment.
- Laketrees has two posts listed on the group - http://laketrees.blogspot.com/2007/10/overpopulation.html and http://poeartica.blogspot.com/2007/10/population-explosion.html.
- Learn about a 4th R from Sarah of BlueJar.com.