Link Building Tip Video – Create Keyword Rich Content
Posted by Pixelhead
This Link Building tip video concentrates on the obvious. The best way to do link building is to have other people do it for you. Focus on creating a site that is useful to others, and other site owners will hopefully link to you.
Link Building Video Summary
The Link building Video was created on 9/30/2008 while working in an office at Liquid Interactive Media. This is the second video made for this post. The first one I made the error of having the zoom of my Canon S5 IS focused on my honker.
Tip for the week. Develop lots of keyword rich content.
Make lots of great content or “link bait” and others will link to you. Also, create lots of content because the Search engines love content. For example, I could just make a link building video, and leave it at that, but search engines don’t love video the way they love content.
Ranking for desired keywords without content can be done by getting a ton of one way keyword rich links pointing to your site, but the results will not be permanent. For longevity, do both link building and content creation.
Have the goal of creating a site that will be a resource for others to use.
10 Content and/or Link Bait Examples
- Breaking news…be the first to break some news.
- Create a List like the Social Media list at Traffikd.com.
- Controversial posts…pick a side of some controversial issue and state your points.
- Resource posts for your particular niche.
- Host Internet tools like the tools at Webconfs.com.
- Videos – write a video summary or transcribe the video on your blog. This will enable those who are hearing impaired and those whose speakers are broken to follow along and it will also give you some content for the search engines. Thanks to Li of Searchmarketinggurus.com for this tip.
- Write a “how to post” which tells how to do some task such as using Photoshop, Google analytics, Excel, or making some killer guacamole.
- Run a contest with lots of great prizes.
- Start a forum about your niche.
- Start a blog for your e-commerce site if it does not have one.
Link building is a great way to get your site moved up into the SERPs(Search Engine Results Page) for your desired keywords, but without any content, your rankings will not be permanent.
Do you have any examples of types of content or link bait that have worked for you?