Goals for 2009

Last year, our 2008 Goals were pretty relaxed. Mind you we still progressed on our long term goals, which were written down the previous year.

What are my Goals for 2009?

What are my Goals for 2009?

I believe they were something like buy a second house, and pay down our debt, and work towards buying a beach house. We did make progress towards buying that beach house by working on the other two…but we still are quite a few years away from that goal.
However this year, I am going to make a promise to come up with some goals, and to revisit them at least four times throughout the year.
I am not going to write the complete goals here, but they will be something like this:

1. Attend church regularly and read the Bible on a daily basis.
  2. Pray daily.
  3. Increase our tithing to well over 15%.
  4. Double our business income.
  5. Develop and implement our SEO training program with new Baldydog staff.
  6. Rebuild Baldydog.com using WordPress as the CMS.
  7. Write at least 1 blog per week here on Pixelheadonline.
  8. Physical exercise 3-4 times per week.
  9. 1 outing per month with my kids individually.
  10. Take at least quarterly vacations with my wife.

These are some short term and long term goals mixed together.  Lizzie and I will be finalizing our goals, both business and personal, on our upcoming ski trip to Park City Utah.

Well this will be my last blog post for 2008, I hope everyone has a safe and groovy New Years.

Do you have goals for 2009?

Written by Pixelhead on December 31st, 2008 with comments disabled.
Read more articles on Goals Setting

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Sylt Ferienwohnung
#1. January 1st, 2009, at 4:30 AM.

I envy your style of dealing with things that are important to reaching your goals. Seldom can I encounter such a very responsible man who made it a point to give the best for his family. Nowadays, there is only “once in a blue moon” man who thinks like you.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Kashif
#2. January 1st, 2009, at 7:05 AM.

“Write at least 1 blog per week here on Pixelheadonline”

This makes at least 4 posts per month and it is not at all that bad if you are working on some other projects like me :D .

It has been long since I commented on this blog and I have noticed that you have put some decent number of posts by now . Keep it up !

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Minnesota Attorney
#3. January 1st, 2009, at 7:49 PM.

You are planning at least quarterly vacations with you wife? Impressive. You’re making us (guys) all look bad. :)

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Lance | Ryan PA
#4. January 1st, 2009, at 8:34 PM.

Exercise is near the top of my list because I really let go a little bit over Christmas. Too much available delicious meat unfortunately. :) Looking forward to those weekly posts.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com High Tech PR
#5. January 2nd, 2009, at 2:08 PM.

I think i will write a list.
the top thing is to maintain a balanced family life
then to reduced unproductive hours – especially on the internet, there is just TOO much fantastic content, I normally start a search and end it on a completely unrelated topic a few hours later – just from following links from site to site. It can be fascinating and normally great for research but more profitable activities are a must for 2009.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Nicole Price
#6. January 2nd, 2009, at 2:46 PM.

Thank you for the new year greetings and I wish you the same.

This post has shown a side to you that I did not know about. I am very glad about your spiritual goals which are inspiring.

The material side too seems to be quite reasonable and practical.
All the best for the new year.

#7. January 2nd, 2009, at 5:52 PM.

Nicole, I think for this year, I am going to try and buy used as much as possible. We also are saying no more, and banking the money we would spend. All the best to you as well.

HighTechPR, I fully agree with you. I limit my Stumbling to after the work is complete. And blogging has its own time slots as well. Client work is the priority.

Minnesota Attorney, we do have a travel blog, so we need to take trips to keep adding travel blog posts.

Kashif, 4 is the minimum per month. I would aspire to do more, but time and enthusiasm do not always permit.

Sylt, family is very important. I believe it is the basis of all culture. Without a good solid family life, morals and values do not get passed from generation to generation.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Caulking Tool
#8. January 5th, 2009, at 8:27 PM.

1. Help my newborn daughter have a great first year!
2. Take at least two trips with my wife and daughter.
3. Accomplish all goals at work.
4. Build my personal business to > $1000 / month in profit.
5. Sell house and move closer to work!

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com New Gadgets
#9. January 8th, 2009, at 5:14 AM.

These are some really decent goals…I like the way some of them revolve around the family.

I noticed one of your goals is to spend personal time with each of your kids once per month. I think you can learn a lot about your kids and from your kids with this goal.

It’s something my wife and I do as well, although not as frequently as we would like. Perhaps this is one that we can add to our list this year.

Mike

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Jon Provisi
#10. January 8th, 2009, at 4:57 PM.

Well, it is great to see you have written down your goals. And i wish you all the best to fulfill it by the end of this, as many say, hardest year we will have…

p.s. Thanks for the greetings. I wish nothing then success in your online efforts

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Genel kultur
#11. January 8th, 2009, at 9:03 PM.

Hmm great to share your goals with people. i think the best of them are double business income and share some time for family.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Nishant
#12. January 9th, 2009, at 8:08 AM.

Hey, Belated Happy New Year, I am really impressed after reading your wish-list. And this is not complete list:O:O. Hey man,I think 10 is good enough. From your resolutions, I can say that you are very good at heart person, now a days nobody is ready to give 15% of his earning as charity. you are good man, infact good religious, hardworking, family man. Right?

Trackback Mention from Fresh-perspectives.net
#13. January 10th, 2009, at 6:29 PM.

Carnival of Healing #171 – Positive Perspectives |: Donkus presents Goals for 2009 posted at Link Building and SEO tips from Pixelhead explaining how he is going …

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Anushki
#14. January 13th, 2009, at 1:33 PM.

I want to finish my BBA this year and get married to my crazy lover :-) Thatz all I want for 2009. Will think about money later…

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Jay
#15. January 14th, 2009, at 4:03 PM.

I need to seriously loose some weight. Like now. ;-) Hope that you’ll achieve your goals man!

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Nicole Dorrin
#16. February 2nd, 2009, at 12:11 PM.

Everybody has his own list of the goals for 2009 and I am not the exception. One of my major goals is to take care of my personal life and become financially stable.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Shannon
#17. February 8th, 2009, at 3:11 PM.

Ditto on the church and the praying. I have yet to start goung to church regularly this year :(

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com PS3
#18. March 14th, 2009, at 9:55 AM.

Tut Tut, not sticking to your 7th goal. Please try and stick to it!

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Mt. Soledad real estate
#19. September 15th, 2009, at 7:19 PM.

These are very ambitious goals. I agree paying out debts is one of the most important goal and it’s one of those which takes time. Ofcourse we feel some sort of burden when we’re in debt anyways I had so many goals when 2009 was starting, but they’re still there but unlike you I am not working for my goals. Only recently, I’ve received a bit kick so slowly I am progressing towards resuming my work on those goals and hopefully I will achieve my goals even if late.

You guys write down these goals somewhere or what? Or you and your wife keep each other accountable and you keep pressing each other if you’re going out of track ?

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com rob@ reduce high blood pressure naturally
#20. December 11th, 2009, at 3:40 AM.

I have half acheived my goals for the year, this damn economy doesn’t help. At least we are still eating and have a roof over our heads.