Give Up the Chalupa for the Taco Bell Dog

Yesterday on Twitter, I first heard that the beloved Taco Bell dog had passed…so sad..he or she was the primary reason I have devoured so many chalupas.

So in honor of the Taco Bell mascot, I thought I would offer up my dog Sugar(I decided to start calling her Taco..she doesn’t care as she is pretty deaf)as the new Taco Bell mascot.

What do you think, would you vote for Taco?

Written by Pixelhead on July 24th, 2009 with comments disabled.
Read more articles on Uncategorized

Trackback Mention from Webbyn.com
#1. July 24th, 2009, at 6:02 PM.

Give Up the Chalupa for the Taco Bell Dog | Webbyn.com:       Webbyn.com 550+ blogs and news sources are closely tracked, and still counting! …

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com T. Scott Clendaniel
#2. July 24th, 2009, at 9:11 PM.

Sugar (Taco) seems like a really sweet dog- you sure you want her followed around by paparazzi and fed Mexican food? My senior beagle Charlie would try out, but spends most of his time snoozing! :-)

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com ben
#3. July 24th, 2009, at 10:02 PM.

Taco’s very cute and all, but I think it might be too late for the Taco bell dog thing to return. We loved him/(her?) and I don’t think the world can withstand the heartbreak of possibly losing them again!

Or at least I can’t anyhow :)

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Bajki dla Dzieci
#4. July 27th, 2009, at 12:58 PM.

It was pretty sad to hear about the taco bell dog. I mean it’s been with us for so long it seems weird to see it gone.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Paul
#5. July 27th, 2009, at 4:56 PM.

How funny… I think that Sugar could defiantly make the grade.

#6. July 27th, 2009, at 6:00 PM.

Paul, my daughter was away at camp, and was mad at me when she heard me calling her Taco….I might have to work on a better video..maybe I make one that makes her look like she is talking.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Back Pain Orange County
#7. July 28th, 2009, at 2:52 AM.

It could work. But I wouldn’t advice you to do anything your daughter doesn’t approve of. I remember my daughter had a goldfish she called Glub. As a surprise, I bought her another one and put it in the tank. When she cam back from school, she was furious. I couldn’t imagine why. Apparently, Glub did not like strangers!!!

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Zerona
#8. July 28th, 2009, at 2:54 AM.

The taco bell dog used to such a household feature. So familiar. Its sad to know that the dog is no more. Always in our memories….

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Agnes
#9. July 28th, 2009, at 11:04 AM.

Yes it was a sad day but I think Sugar is a lovely little dog and would be an apt replacement for the much missed Taco Bell dog.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com VOB Converter for Mac
#10. July 31st, 2009, at 9:41 AM.

The taco bell – dog was very sweet and cute. We cannot forget him.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Michael
#11. August 1st, 2009, at 11:44 AM.

The Taco Bell Dog is a great American icon.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Healthy Peach
#12. August 1st, 2009, at 3:06 PM.

Aww i’m not familiar with Taco Bell Dog but … its really sad to hear that he/she’s gone. I’m a petlover and I understand what you/they feel about it. :(

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Nashare
#13. August 1st, 2009, at 10:57 PM.

Paul, nice idea.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Goran
#14. August 2nd, 2009, at 6:31 PM.

That was quite a pledge you made there, but Sugar definitely didn’t seem interested in your proposition, and as for her going on a diet – Sorry, but I just can not see that! Very noble of you to offer though!

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com marriage help
#15. August 2nd, 2009, at 9:38 PM.

Ah yes the Taco Bell dog. I wonder if all those tacos he ate ended up hurting him. Could it be that fast food is not good for us?! I liked the dog and I’m sorry to see him go.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com gucci mens shoes
#16. August 3rd, 2009, at 8:58 PM.

How funny… I think that Sugar could defiantly make the grade.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Jacques Snyman | 3 Quotes
#17. August 4th, 2009, at 8:06 AM.

It is sad to hear of the passing of the Taco Bell dog. While your offer to replace it with your pooch is generous, I can’t see her being passed off as Gidget the Chihauhau. They will propably get a doppelganger Chihauhau or change their tack a bit. On the subject of fast food icons it would be nice if Ronald mcDonald could die off, won’t it…

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Dodie
#18. August 6th, 2009, at 12:15 PM.

I vote for Taco Sugar!

#19. August 6th, 2009, at 8:36 PM.

Dodie, she is up for it too. I’ll have to post the video of Taco getting her teeth cleaned in preparation for her stardom.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Keegan
#20. August 6th, 2009, at 8:50 PM.

It feels like something just went missing in the world when I heard about the passing of the Taco Bell Dog. I’m so glad you’ve stepped to the plate and offered up the perfect replacement(Sugar).

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Wine of Month Club
#21. August 6th, 2009, at 10:23 PM.

Kind of sad actually, both that it made me a little sad and that it seems that dog was some part of my childhood.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Gregory McGuire
#22. August 7th, 2009, at 2:32 AM.

Taco’s got my vote. A word of advice: I fed my dog a burrito from Taco Bell once. I regretted it for 2 nights.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Leadership Coaching
#23. August 9th, 2009, at 9:16 PM.

I certainly would vote for Taco!

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com cutecute28
#24. August 14th, 2009, at 12:02 PM.

You have a really cute dog. Me , i am a shih tzu. Recently, i ate some bad treats and had very bad tummy pain n constipation. My sister another shih tzu ate the same treat from my mummy and she was admitted to the hospital for IV Fluid drip. The manufacturer wont take responsibility and cannot be bothered. We posted on a blog and hope to have as many comments from dog lovers to stop this manufacturer from killing more dogs like us. Pls view this blog http://www.dogpetgroomingsupplies.com/pet-bonding-with-owner/watch-your-pets-treats
and leave some comments. TQ

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com poker
#25. August 18th, 2009, at 7:55 PM.

The taco bell dog used to such a household feature. So familiar and also very cute . Its sad to know that the dog is no more.
I think Sugar is also a lovely little dog…..

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Zcel
#26. August 28th, 2009, at 6:30 AM.

Awww too sad.
I love dogs a lot, Sugar must be replaced to be the mascot.
I think she’ll love it. I certainly vote Taco for sure.

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com eCommerce Web Design
#27. August 29th, 2009, at 12:26 AM.

Taco’s got my vote! Gooooo Taco!

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Sensual photography
#28. September 1st, 2009, at 6:10 PM.

I know years ago the taco bell advertising strategy was the little chihuahua, what ever happened to that? Surely if the dog died, they would have been able to find a perfect match to replace it, right?

Get your own gravatar by visiting gravatar.com Golf Reviews
#29. September 12th, 2009, at 12:23 AM.

I would definitely vote for your little girl as the taco bell dog! What a cutie! And she can sing– that gives her extra points! :)

Trackback Mention from Lizziebean.com
#30. October 20th, 2009, at 12:52 PM.

Painting No. 7 – Sugar AKA Taco or Zucchero – Artwork of Lizzie Bean: I think he was hoping, even though she’s NOT a chihuahua, that she’d become the new Taco Bell dog. …