Lately, I have been spending quite a bit of time on LinkedIn, primarily due to my growing involvement in the number of groups I have joined as the result of the blog post about using Social Media for finding a Job done by our Baldydog.com intern last semester.
On a basic LinkedIn profile you are allowed to join the maximum of 50 groups. So I started joining groups after I searched “Groups” for topics I am interested in such as “social media”, seo, Philadelphia business, and networking to name a few. This blog post is about using free LinkedIn profiles.
Oh, if you want to add me as a LinkedIn contact, check out my LinkedIn profile and leave a comment here with your LinkedIn email and profile and I will add you as well.
Also be sure to join the SMO group that I created which discusses topics involved with optimizing your social media profiles. I created several groups, but this is the group I am going to focus on for my goal of being seen as a LinkedIn Thought leader.
LinkedIn Features for Networking
- Join and participate in groups to meet people and to find jobs. Groups all have job boards.
- To be seen as a Thought Leader in your particular niche on LinkedIn, you need to Answer and ask questions in the Answers section(click the more button on the top navigation of LinkedIn and click on the Answers link)
- Follow people who are in your groups who participate in a meaningful way.
- Want to get a foot in the door in a certain company, search the Company listings and follow them. This is a relatively new feature, so not all companies are listed..Check out Baldydog’s Listing…
- Using the Company listing, you can then check out any employees that are in the same groups, and then follow them…please be tactful when asking for an introduction.
- Ask for and give recommendation reviews. The more reviews you have, the higher you show up in the LinkedIn search results.
What Do You Know About LinkedIn?
Well this is my first post on LinkedIn, so if you have any suggestions about using LinkedIn for networking to add, please feel free.
Written by Pixelhead on November 12th, 2010 with 32
Read more articles on LinkedIn and Uncategorized. Google URL Shortner VS Bit.ly URL ShortnerBrand Evangelism – Susquehanna Banks #Tweet2Feed Program