Sorry to tell you, but directory submissions don’t provide a ton of traffic. Don’t expect to see visitors coming from any directory that you submit your site. But what can you expect?
You can expect that the links from these directories should count as backlinks to your site if the directory page where your link resides after being approved is cached in Google. Content may be king, but backlinks are still important.
Niche directories rather than general directories are a much better quality link, so I suggest seeking them out for your niche. Below is a list of travel directories that I have compiled.
Warning: Don’t just submit to Niche directories, but use niche directories as an arrow in your SEO Quiver. Create great content, and remember to use a variety of types of links.
Lists of travel Directories
Rather than go through endless lists and compile my own list of directories, how about a list of other travel directory lists?
Well, that’s my list of travel directories and list of lists of travel directories that I can recommend. I know there are a ton of directories out there with lists of travel directories or lists of general directories with travel categories. I would recommend using the former, but chose wisely when using general directories with travel categories.
With all the changes Google has made and continues to make, I believe its best to use these sparingly.Variety is not only the spice of life, but is the spice of your SEO.
Be sure to read our other posts on Link Building so you will be sure to do your link building right.
Written by Pixelhead on April 10th, 2012 with 33
Read more articles on Link Building and Travel and Uncategorized.
Free and Easy Tips to Get More ReferralsPenguin Update Articles
Do you do a lot of networking?
I have had many networking associates say they have a referral for me, and that I should expect a call from so and so, but the call never comes for one reason or another.
Why do I want to give and/or get referrals?
Looking at the Baldydog.com company client list, I see that the majority of our clients were from referrals. Some were from companies that I have done business with, others where just from old clients who were more than satisfied with our work. So if you want business, you need to be giving and getting referrals.
What is a referral?
Any time you tell someone about a product or a business or suggest to someone that they should use said product or service that is a referral.
When you get a lead based upon a referral, you are far more likely to close the deal than you are if you are cold calling.
Referrals are like votes for your brand. The person who refers you is in essence giving your brand a vote.
Ask my dog above and I am sure he would give a vote for that bone in is his mouth…sorry, I just had to work him in..
Tips to get more referrals.
- Ask friends or clients if they have someone they can refer to you.
- When networking, tell people exactly what type of referral you would like to get. For example, I looking for referrals of marketing companies that do Law Firm marketing so they might list their Law Firm SEO clients with Onlinelegaldirectory.com. I am telling people exactly what type of referral I am seeking.
- Give more referrals. People give referrals to people who give them referrals.
- Develop symbiotic relationships. For example, we try to work with lots of web developers, because many web developers don’t do SEO, but they do have lots of clients that need SEO. Then at other times we have SEO clients that need some sort of web development..its a win win situation.
- Go above and beyond what you promise your clients. Since we always give our clients more than what we promise, they love us, and love to send their friends to us.
How to Give a Good Referral
Having been in a BNI(Business Networking International) chapter, I learned their way to give a good referral. Don’t just give a name or contact info for the referral. A lot of times, what I do is ask the person if it would be alright for my friend to give them a call and find out what the best time would be to get a call. So when I am talking to a person about my buddy Tom who fixes computers, I verify with the person that “I am going to have my buddy Tom of LuckyGeek.net give you a call at such and such a time about your PC.” I prefer not to give them Tom’s info and have them call him. Some will, but some won’t .
Get permission to have your friend call the referral at a certain time. Its like scheduling an appointment. Don’t have the referral do the calling.
Additionally, when you are chatting with someone, a need will come up that one of your associates can fix. Be sure to sell your friends services, so that the referral will be waiting for the call. For my buddy Tom, I tell them I have a guy who fixes all sorts of computers and is cheap, and he has a policy that if he can’t fix it there won’t be a charge.
What to Do When You Get A Referral
- Thank the person giving you the referral.
- Call the referral at the designated time or call to reschedule the appointment if it doesn’t fit into your schedule.
- Build your friend up who gave you the referral(don’t bad mouth them)
- If it leads to business, be sure to reward your friend who gave you the referral with praise, thanks, cash, dinner, or a referral..etc.
How do you give and get referrals?
This may not be what you do in regards to getting and giving referrals, but please let me know if you have any referral tips that you use successfully that I have not mentioned.
Written by Pixelhead on April 6th, 2012 with 27
Read more articles on Marketing and Uncategorized.
Building Law Firm SEO AuthorityA Lists of Travel Directories and Lists of Travel Directory Lists