You are currently browsing the articles from Link Building and SEO tips from Pixelhead
matching the category Passion.
Posts about increasing or developing passion inorder to increase the quality of life. Everyone should have a something that they are passionate about.
The following is a press release about a cool opportunity for two Social Media Travelers. I was contacted by Ben, who asked me if I would share their story with the readers of this and my other travel blog. Please consider adding them on their various other networks and helping them with their cause.
Orlando, Florida – 19 November 2009 – Orlando Residents Ben Reed and Brian Sommer have been selected as finalists by The Tourism Authority of Thailand in their social media competition: Ultimate Thailand Explorers. Beginning December 10th, Reed and Sommer will embark on a 6-Day assignment to Pattaya, Thailand where the couple will use social media websites such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter to promote the Country of Thailand as a vacation destination. To be selected as finalists, Reed and Sommer underwent a grueling vetting process including submitting a 1-minute YouTube video explaining why they want to go to Thailand and how they would promote (more…)
Written by Pixelhead on December 3rd, 2009 with 25
Read more articles on Passion and Travel.
Whats on Your Christmas List?Christmas Contest – Win an Ipod or Olympus Camera
I was sent this video this morning by John Sullivan over at PotPolitics..thanks John.
The video I watched was originally on the website Film Festival: Green Unplugged. Here is the page for the Green Unplugged Chicken a la Carte page if you prefer to watch it there.
Yes it is a very sad movie..the best part about the short video, I feel, is at the very end of the film.
How often do you give thanks to the Lord and for what?
Written by Pixelhead on May 18th, 2009 with 28
Read more articles on Passion.
A Balloon In The YardSwag from SES NY
Just got an email from my bro who is into scuba diving. ScubaToys.com, a scuba site that he frequents, has started a scuba forum and they are paying participants to post. But they don’t pay in cash, they pay in store credit. What a great idea to increase your forum participation. Seems like a win win situation. ScubaToys gets increased traffic and develops a loyal user base, and the scuba visitors get to increase and share their knowledge of scuba diving while getting money to buy scuba gear.
In addition to the posting incentive, ScubaToys is also having a scuba gear photo contest where the winner can win a digital camera. Just come up with a photo “showing off a ScubaToys logo product”. Got to love contests that give away cameras. The picture to the left is an example of what not to do for the contest.
One other thing that ScubaToys did that I think is essential, they sent out an email to their mailing list to let them know about these offers
I had John from ThingsThatAreFun in mind when I wrote this, because well, Scuba diving is something that is fun. I also thought I would share this bit of info with you the readers…who knows some of you may decide to take up scuba diving. It may also give you some ideas to market your site.
Got a blog or forum. Why not try incentive’s to encourage your visitors or patrons to participate in the conversation. Sure we don’t all have the option to give store credit, but what can you give away? Advertising, a blog review, directory links etc.
What else do you do to increase the chatter?
Written by Pixelhead on August 24th, 2007 with 20
Read more articles on Blogging and Marketing and Passion and Uncategorized.
Untitled Commentators Post7P’s Meme Post
Still on our honeymoon in Puerto Rico with lots of activities planned to include a spa visit today, moonlight Kayak tour tonight. I just posted some pics to Flickr so be sure to check out my Gran Melia Picture set, which includes pictures of our resort, but also Old San Juan pictures as well. Gran Melia is a truly 5 star resort that has a tremendous amount of beauty that surely can not be captured with my Kodak…but I am trying. I will be posting more about our honeymoon, but now, I must go to the pool…I have a Bali Bed waiting.
Written by Pixelhead on June 22nd, 2007 with 13
Read more articles on Passion and Uncategorized and Vacation.
Quick Resources PostBack from Puerto Rico
I have been tagged twice for the 1millionlovemessages â€œ3 Things You Loveâ€ Meme because I have been a little slow to post. Too many memes to write. Lizzie says “thats what you get for being a slacker”.LOL
Lizzie, who tagged me for the second time, was tagged over at Fatladysingz.com by Laketrees, who was tagged by Mauro of OnemillionLoveMessages, the originator of the Meme, who by the way also tagged me. Visit the previous link to find out about the rules for the Meme if you would like to be tagged.
10 questions about Love.
1- 3 Things You Love in your soon to be wife.
- Nearly perfect Nose along with her Delicious smile.
- Kindness of her soul.
- How material things are so unimportant
2- 3 Things You Love in a Friend
- Inside jokes
- Unimportance of the passage of time
- Able to make me laugh at myself.
3- 3 Things You Love in a Book
- Develop a relationship with the main characters.
- Experience an adventure with the characters.
- Being drawn in so that I can hardly wait to read it again.
4- 3 Things You Love in a Movie
- Lots of action that attempts to be believable. Yea I love a good fight sequence like in the “Kill Bill” Movies.
- Great character development.
- Catharsis- examples of movies with a good catharsis include Pursuit of Happyness and one of my favorite tear jerkers, The Spitfire Grill.
5- 3 Things You Love in a Blog
- A great looking theme that I wish PixelHeadonline had…yes I have Theme envy.
- Interaction between the author and the readers via comments.
- Good stories, and interesting pictures.
6- 3 Things You Love to Talk About
- I don’t so much love to talk, but love to listen to stories of older generations. I love to get my grandmother going and talking about when she was a girl. Picture of Gram as a young lady in love.
- I love to have interesting conversations with my kids…one on one is best.
- I love to talk to successful people and find out about their struggles in life to find out about what obstacles they had to overcome. Must be why I enjoy talking to Lizzie.
7- 3 Things You Love to do in Vacations
- Love to go on ski trips and ski in deep powder.
- Love to play in the surf.
- Love to explore new places. I had a blast in Germany.
8- 3 Things You Love to Eat
- Love to eat seafood(born in Maine) such as lobster and little neck clams.
- Love to eat a good Salad that has lots of stuff such as cheese, shrimp, peppers, oranges. I once had a salad with crumbled up candy bar.
- Deserts such as exotic cheese cake or a huge banana split.
9- 3 Things You Love to Happen in Your Life
- Love to make plans and have them happen as planned.
- Love to spend time with family.
- Love to see people around me succeed.
10- 3 Things You Love in 1 Million Love Messages
- Both Lizzie’s and My Messages.
- Love the idea of 1 million love messages…that’s a lot of love.
- Love Mauro of 1millionlovemessage newest site, MyCityPicture.com which lets bloggers share pictures of their cities.
Now I get to tag some other bloggers.
- Alister Cameron, because he is such a deep guy, he has to have a lot of love.
- Phil over at RomanceTracker.com
- A new friend Justin Stanley.
- The evil John Chow has to have some love.
- Nicholas over at Six degrees of Inspiration…love just seems like something that inspires.
- Steli over at SuperCoolSchool. I know he has to have a lot of love he would like to share.
- I also want to re tag Adam the Hopeless Romantic. I know he has been tagged once, but hey a romantic guy like him ought to be tagged several more times at least. He is also running a Hopeless Romantic contest, at the moment, so check it out and win a meal for you and your love.
Written by Pixelhead on May 19th, 2007 with 6
Read more articles on Blogging and Meme and Passion and Uncategorized.
Flash-chip laptops will bring big improvementsFlickr Online Picture Hosting
A Work In Progress.
This post is a work in progress, and is my post for Instigator Blogs Productivity Writing Project.
Since it does seem like such an important project, I believe I will make more than one draft, but keep each draft as a separate post.
The first blog that was involved with the project that I encountered was Alister Cameron’s awesome post but then I came upon a similar post on SmartWealthyrich.com, which is a very positive blog with a lot of potential that said that if I was reading this post, consider myself to be tagged. The same goes for you.
I was then reading a post on TheAdamsBox about Adam’s Dream, which is to own a de Havilland DHC-2 Beaver, and was reminded of the advice of my old Quixtar(formerly Amway) mentor.
I may be a little off on the exact wording here, but he can always correct me if he would like. Anyway, John, my mentor,(Vandor Enterprises) and pretty much the whole WWDB(World Wide Dream Builders) organization, which is one of the larger Quixtar organizations, has the philosophy that if you have or develop big dreams, you will then need to develop a way to make sure those dreams come to fruition(great word). In essence the dream
creates motivation or passion which hopefully makes you more productive.
First Draft Begins
I am the anti-thesis of both Passion and Productivity.
Let me start with Productivity, less important of the two.
I must have ADHD, because I get distracted by every little thing. I start the morning with 1 browser window, and the next thing I have a good dozen opened with a number of projects that I am working on. I try and make a list of tasks to work on, but it is a very limited technique. However, just making out the list for me is a good thing, because while going through the mechanics of making out the list, I am prioritizing the tasks. So even if I don’t look at the list ever again, it does help me to prioritize the tasks for the day.
Having a schedule is the next thing that helps me to stay productive. Having a certain time to do each task gives me a time to do all the tasks that I do repeatedly throughout the month,week,day or hour. I have used a weekly monthly schedule very affectively. This guarantees that I dedicate a certain number of hours to certain projects. With my monthly schedule, which is actually a weekly schedule repeated four times, so all I have to do is plan out a weekly schedule for the month.
These two things are the top two things that I use to help me stay productive. However, they are only good if I use them. Frequently, due to life, I am so disorganized because my work space does not allow me to be organized. The files are instead piles, and the pad of paper that I use to write my daily list, is no where to be found.
So maybe what I am really lacking is a work space that is clearly defined. I don’t know, perhaps these are just excuses for my lack of productivity.
Perhaps the real reason for my lack of productivity, is not the disorganization that is my life, but the lack of passion as suggested by Allister Cameron. When it comes down to it, passion for what I am doing is the determining factor. Passion will drive me.
Currently it seems like the driving force, passion is missing or is it purpose.
What drives you?
|Oh, here is my tip for productivity.Just do it. Don’t worry if it bites, at least you did something. Put the pen to paper and write. Open up a Word Doc and write. Just write something.
Passion related posts you may find interesting-
Written by Pixelhead on May 8th, 2007 with 3
Read more articles on Blogging and Passion and Uncategorized.
Monthly Web Quest Winner1MillionLoveMessages Tags Me