Since my first post on Digg several weeks ago, I have been adding contacts on Digg like crazy. Just this morning, I added ten people that had been fans. But adding all these contacts has added a ton of email to my in box. I am receiving shouts from everyone. Many are great, but some are downright spammy. I also have noticed more than one complaint in the comments of Diggs were people are complaining about Shout Spam.
I really don’t mind it, because I do have a choice. I can Digg it or I can ignore it. If I receive too many spammy shouts, I have found myself responding to those Diggers less frequently.
My Advice, limit your shouts to quality links, and only pass on quality links to your network.
Thats all my ranting for today. What do you think, do you like the Shout feature? How do you use or abuse it?
Five notable Diggs for the week:
- Satisfaction or Frustration, How would You Describe Your Sex Life? from AskDanandJennifer.com .
- A cool video about base jumping with a wing suit had me wanting to try it, but then I saw another video that was posted in the comments about a Jump turned bad.
- A positive guest post by Alex Shalman about choosing to have good or bad thoughts, which was posted on Dumblittleman.com.
- An interview of top bloggers who answered a question about how they would promote their blog off line. Lots of great info in the top bloggers answers.
- A Warren Buffet Interview Post…Warren Buffet was interviewed on CNBC and offers some advice for young.
Those are my five Notable Diggs for this week. I now have 91 friends in my network, and the emails keep coming in.
Note to self:Get an email just for Digg.
Written by Pixelhead on October 18th, 2007 with 7
Read more articles on Blogging and Digg and Marketing and Networking and Uncategorized and Web 2.0. Email Verification for Directory SubmissionsMid October Top Commentators Post